How can I connect to the Internet via WiFi with my Philips Smart TV?

Shannon Pullen January 3, 2013

I need to know how I would connect WiFi to my TV. I went to menu and I don’t see anything that says connect to internet.

I don’t know if I need to purchase something to connect to the TV that will connect the TV to the WiFi internet we have or if I’m looking in the wrong place. Could you please help me with this?

The TV is a Philips Smart TV model # 32PFL4907/F7. It has a place for a Ethernet cord. So could you please tell me what part I need to purchase to activate the internet to the TV? Thank you so much.

1. Olga

To Matthew Buska: It is right what you said about WPS installation. But which software we can to use to watch internet video on Philips TV? I use Linux Mandriva... Thanks!

While purchasing your TV,did you got the wireless adapter in the package? Try plugging it to the USB port of your TV and if your home has Wi-Fi connection,then the adapter connected to TV will detect it.Also,a software named Wi-Fi MediaConnect needs to be installed in your PC or laptop.

Kindly refer to the link below and read all the sentences -

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/oleeview.pl?view=aa12_view_iframe.html&scy=us&slg=AEN&refnr=0083542&dct=QAC&ctn=32PFL4907/F7&session=20130103033847_61.213.189.23

It has all information to get your TV wireless connected.

Else,if you are comfortable with wires,then ask a network or computer engineer guy to connect a LAN cable to your TV.

3. Shannon Pullen

No I need to know if I can hook directly to wifi or if I need to by something to connect to the tv so it will connect.

• Matthew Buska

Hi Shannon,

You can hook up your televsion if your router is wireless using a USB wireless LAN adapter of which should have been in the box at the time of purchase. If you end up having to buy one I would recommend contacting Philips as I am not sure if you can go to a place that sells computers and buy any USB wireless adapter as it may not be compatible.

Once you get your USB wireless adapter press Menu/Exit (press ok) and using the arrow keys on your remote control select Installation (press ok) --> Network (press ok) --> Network Settings Assistance (press ok) --> Start Now (press ok).

After that, select and press OK for Wireless. The next screen will give you 3 options to choose from: Easy Connect, Scan, or Manual Entry. If your router supports WPS press the WPS button on your router. If not you will have to choose Scan or Manual Entry. I would recommend selecting scan to locate your routers SSID and from there it will require you to give it some information. All the information it will ask of you will be on your router's settings.

From here I think you'll get it, but if you need help you can download the user manual and start looking at page 41 by going here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl4907_f7/32pfl4907_f7_dfu_aen.pdf

Somebody said you needed MediaConnect and that is only true if you want to turn your television into a wireless PC monitor. You don't need it to get on the Internet using Net TV. If that is something you are interested in doing it will be in the manual on page 17.

I hope that I have explained everything clearly. If you need further help I or somebody else will be here to help.

• Mike Davis

I have a Panasonic internet TV which said wireless lan , after reading the instruction and trying over an hour I learned you have to buy an wireless adapter for the TV or just use the thing in the back of the TV that look like a big

phone jack RJ-45

tv