How can I connect to my BSNL WiFi using my Android tablet?

ANEESH KR April 15, 2013

I have an Android ICS tablet. I want to connect it to WiFi, but could not connect. There is appearing a message as obtaining IP address. I am using BSNL WiFi modem AR800V v3.0. What can I do?

1. Anay Chaubal

check DHCP settings in your router's config page. They should be set to allow DHCP.
    If you cant find DHCP settings, or the router config, then goto which ever computer connects to that router, open cmd, and type in ipconfig, and note down the IP address that is shown there. On your tablet, use advanced settings in the wifi settings screen, and then enter an ip address which is 1 or 2 addresses after the one on the computer. for eg, if the computer has ip address as: 192.168.1.33, then use 192.168.1.35, or 37 or 38, you get the picture, so that it does not have to obtain it everytime from the router, which should speed up things and help you out. In case u use the same tab to connect to another wifi, this setting may need to be changed.

2. Athul Jayaram

Obtaining IP address means the connection between your modem and tab is OK, then only an IP will be acquired. If there is a problem still exists, Go to

http://192.168.1.1 and enter username & password as admin
    and browse to WIFI option from option and click Reset
    and remove any encryptions or authentications if enabled

This way your tab can get connected

Hope this helps

• ANEESH

Thank you

3. Chris Marcoe

You said there is a message: What does the message say?