How can I connect my laptop to my Vizio TV?
Question by Dave Simmons /

I’m working with an Acer Aspire 5733Z and a Vizio 32″ flat screen with WiFi capability. I have a VGA/HDMI cord and I’ve downloaded an Intel VGA driver. All I’m getting is no signal on my TV screen. I’ve tried FN F5, WIN P and I still cant make it work.

Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows_10
Windows_10
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion

• Joel Thomas

follow the advice by ha14

• Michael Heffner

Since you’re using a VGA to HDMI cord, make sure the TV is on the correct HDMI input. Depending on the video card in the laptop, there should be a utility to configure multiple displays. In my can on my Toshiba Qosmio, it has an nVidia chip in it so there is an nVidia icon on the status bar.

How To Connect An Acer Aspire 5732z To A Vizio Tv
    http://aspiredigitallaptop.danielcadams.com/how-to-connect-an-acer-aspire-5732z-to-a-vizio-tv/
    1) Connect one end of a VGA cable to the VGA output on the left side of your Acer Aspire 5732Z.
    2) Connect the other end of the VGA cable to the larger input beneath RGB PC in the lower-left corner on the back of your Vizio TV.
    3) Turn on the Vizio TV and Acer Aspire 5732Z laptop
    4) Press the “Input” button on the Vizio remote. Press the arrow keys on the remote to highlight “RGB” and then press the “Play/Pause” button. The display for your Acer laptop should appear on the Vizio TV.
    5) Save changes by pressing the “Exit” button on the remote.