How can I connect my Exchange server with a Thunderbird client without shutting down the Exchange server?

Anonymous June 7, 2013

IIn Office i was using Exchange server and I want to have some mails on my personal system. I configured Thunderbird client on it. Is it possible to have Exchange server emails on Thunderbird client? Please help.

Try the steps listed in the link below -

http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/node/548

Exchange Server can be configured to work with POP or IMAP, so ask your system administrator for the details, and simply set it up using either (IMAP is preferable)!

3. John Keleher

If your Exchange administrator has enabled IMAP4 or POP3 protocols for your Exchange Server, and enabled them for your account, then it is relatively straightforward to set up an Exchange mailbox in Mozilla Thunderbird.

You will need to know information about the server and your account, which you can get from your administrator.

Server info: incoming and outgoing server addresses, ports used
    User info: email address, account name, password