How can I connect a 1 TB hard disk to a Google Nexus 7 3G?
Question by Sundaramurthy Thiagarajan /

I have a 1 TB external hard drive. I want to connect my Google Nexus 7 3G tablet. How can I do that?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Bumferry Hogart

Ive tried to connect my extral hard drive to my nexus 7 previously with an OTG cable but struggled to get the nexus to accept the device as I wanted to watch my movies on the device while on holiday. In the end I simply drag and dropped the film files into the nexus via my laptop and watched them without any trouble.
    32gb was enough to put 9 films on the device and when i got back off holiday i just deleted them from the nexus.
    Im sure you can do this on your own tablet, assuming thats whet you have on your hard drive…
    not the best answer I know, but thats how I got around it.

• Declan Lopez

if it’s an external hard drive and your device is rooted you should be able to connect it to your tablet with an on-the-go (OTG) cable, which can be found cheap online

Connect USB External Storage Devices To Google Nexus 7 (Without Root!)
    you need compatible USB OTG cable

perhaps Mobile Wireless Storage drive is better?.

• DalSan Mack

From what I have read from others wanting to use external drives on Android tablets and phones, you would need a powered USB hub (one that must be plugged into an electrical socket to power it) and an OTG cable. Connect the OTG cable to the tablet, connect the drive to the USB hub, then connect the hub to the OTG cable.

• Junil Maharjan

I don’t think there are any port on the nexus 7 for usb. so if you want to transfer files on it then you have to either do it with a pc or buy nexus 7 accessories that allow usb drives.