How can I combine the content of selected email in Gmail into one document?

Kevin S September 24, 2013

I have a few hundred emails from a client (including comments from other people) and I want to merge them all into a single document so I can read all the emails sequentially. I use Gmail. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? It’s driving me mad !!

1. Aaron C

Kevin,

I think I have a pretty good solution for you. Evernote's Web Clipper now clips emails from Gmail (Here's our coverage on it, as well as Evernote's announcement about it). I use it often and it works great! Although I'm pretty sure this is only for Chrome at the moment. All you have to do is expand all the emails (there's a little box with a down arrow — here's an image of that) and then click the Evernote Web Clipper icon. You can even use the highlighter to select various parts of the message. Here's a screenshot of what it would look like while doing it, and then of the clipped note in Evernote.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if it does or does not, and I'll try to think of another solid work around for you!

Gosh, this brings back memories! A practically identical question was asked here in 2011! Have a look at http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/print-gmail-emails-bulk/ .
    To give you a summary, the most promising approach seemed to be to use Microsoft Outlook to download the messages from GMail (using IMAP, you can choose to subscribe just to the relevant folders so you don't need to download ALL your email). Then, you can select all the messages you want to print, choose File=>Print and hey pronto! You can do the same with other email clients (e.g. Thunderbird), but it would print each message as a separate document (i.e. starting on a new page), which may or may not be to your liking.
    There are other suggestions on that thread which suggest quite a different approach.