How can I close a Windows administrative account I don’t have access to?

Aron Riggx M. Ancheta April 25, 2013

I’m on a second account on a Windows XP computer. My parents use it too on an admin account, but they left while leaving that account running. I want to close it because I think it’s slowing down the PC, how can I do that?

1. Réy Aétar

delete it from another account that has admin access
    if you dont have an admin account then start the pc in safe mode and you will get an administrator account

2. Nevzat A

As far as I know, it's possible to have multiple users due to switching mechanism, no need a virus or malware :) I think you should ask your parents first so that if they left any programs or documents in opened (and modified) state, they might lost some data. Otherwise, it's the only way for you to reboot to get rid of other opened profiles.

3. yudics

just ask your parent to close their account. if they have any document that need to save first, they can get angry when know the computer was reset by you, cause that document will lose some letters or work of your parent, can you think if this is happen to you?.

shutdown pc and reboot then enter with your account. I think you cannot have two desktop running at the same time on the same pc and monitor. Perhaps you have some virus on your pc run a antimalware, and clean your pc

Optimize Your System To Run At Its Best With CCleaner
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/optimize-system-run-ccleaner/

Mul;tiple users can be logged into the machine at the same time. In his case, the admin account was logged in and later locked (either automatically or intentionally by the previous user) and OP logged in with his account later. This can also be done by using the Switch User option. This is normal behavior for NT-based machines and has been available at least since the 90s when I started working with them. It is not due to a virus but designed behavior.

In any case, simply rebooting the machine would be required to force a logout of the other account if the password is not known. The machine may complain that any open documents may not be able to be saved during shutdown. Simply acknowledging the message will continue with the shutdown.

Aron parents are clever, Aron should simply ask parents to shutdown the account and i believe this can also be done remotly. Perhaps Switch User option is disabled by parents as i can see they are expert and Aron has problems...
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279765