How can I clear my YouTube recommended videos?

Krishna Singh December 11, 2012

I want to clear all the recommendations shown by Youtube on my account. How can I do that?

1. warna

thanks very much

2. Rohit Jhawer

If you are logged into youtube then just clear your Youtube viewing history.
    Else clear your browser history that should help you.

3. Thehunting Lion

AFAIK, even if you delete your history attached to our account your recommended view list may not change as expected as your viewing log is stored based on your ip address your session and many other things not just your account

4. Ahmed Musani

go to history and you can clear it up or try cleaning your browser cache.

5. Abba Jee

Recommended videos are actually our viewing history. There is no way to clear this data completely.You can go here:- or maybe if you start watching videos of different topics/subjects

6. Alex Perkins

If you don't want to see them on your landing page then you can go to: Alternately I've made an app for chrome that exactly resembles the default one that comes with chrome that leads to the link provided, if you would like to give it a go then I've put it up here: Just drag into (settings> extensions) after removing the default app as they will clash.

7. pp potana

Check for the methods provided by Douglas...It is already solved

• Krishna Singh

thanks but i have already tried all methods provided here. I have cleared all my youtube history but still its recommending video on my previous history.
      If you have any other solution please provide. Thanks again.

8. Douglas Mutay

These recommended videos are based of your viewing history. Everytime you watch a video, Youtube will store the information in your account and will suggest you other video with the same topic. You can easily clear these information and stop Youtube suggesting you other video by removing your recent viewing history.
    With you account open, go to this link:
    Wait a little and refresh your page. it will be completely gone but as you continue to watch videos on YouTube, the system will start recommending videos again.

9. Irfan Ahmed

The 'Recommended for You' section in YouTube gets information from your viewing history. Just go to and click on History to check the history and recommendations. From there you can selectively delete recommended or viewed videos.
    Hope this helps.

10. Paul Girardin