How can I clean up my software, subscriptions and password now that Lavabit is gone?

Zoe S August 12, 2013

I’m a little surprised I have not seen Lavabit discussed on MUO yet.

Anyway, now that my Lavabit email accounts are no longer. Fortunately I did have them synced to another email provider, but, Lavabit was my mail email for 5 years.

This is going to be a headache for things such as software/password resets and paid content/subscriptions. I do have over 3000 emails, plenty of catalog junk email included, saved in my synced account.

I fear that some software may end up having to be repurchased as at least one company already said only the original email will work.

What to do? This is probably going take all week to fix. While I agree with Ladar’s decision wish I would’ve had some notice. What I liked with Lavabit is that it was simple and secure. Perhaps too secure since now no one can get to the servers.

It's good that you have all of your emails backed up to another location.Atleast you have not lost all.

Lavabit is trying to protect customer's privacy and for this they are trying to raise $100K for legal defense as the owner is now threatened to be arrested.This shows the company's commitment.I think it would take time for this issue to settle.So,be patient.

somehow after sometime they should give back access to emails at least for a while foe backup. If matters are very serious as appears to be then can take sometime, you have to be patient.