How can I change the quality of images in Mozilla Firefox?
Question by Pwince Khan /

Is there any addon or any way to change quality of images the browser loads? I want all the images of to come in low resolution to make the web page load more quickly.

• Terafall

If you don’t mind installing an add-on,try ImgLikeOpera

• Alan Wade

Have a read of this article: and dont forget the link about running Firefox in RAM.

• Chew Jian Yue

You cannot change the quality of images using a web browser (opera). If the web developer had made the image quality badly, it is impossible to replace the pixels to increase its image quality.

on firefox type: About:config
    search Gfx
    gfx.color_management.mode and set the value to 0
    restart firefox and see if this help
    then try this: go to gfx.color_management.enablev4 and set it to true

• Muo TechGuy

There’s no way to request a different image from the server, which may or may not exist.

Apart from which, the images on MakeUseOf are the fastest element; it’s the javascripts which take longer to download, but if you disable those, the site will break. I guess what I’m trying to say is – stop trying to break the internet, and just get a better connection. Unless you’re running on a 56k modem, this really shouldnt be an issue.

• Douglas Mutay

If you’re concerned by the size of the page the browser is loading and you can be settle for only text, so just go in your browser setting and select the option that say: do not load image. But if you’re looking for a way to decrease the image quality, I don’t think that there is such a way to do it.

• Rakesh Mishra

in the settings of mozilla u can the quality of the videos

• Boni Oloff

You cannot change the image quality. You can use Opera to do that, you can turn the Turbo Mode on, it will decrease the image quality.

• Aswin Kumar Nayakann

You can turn off image loading altogether in firefox;

Content: Load images automatically (uncheck this)

Well, the image data that comes from the server is (99.9% of the time) compressed. You couldn’t just get a ‘low-quality’ version of it without specifically asking for it. Sorry.