How can I change the email address for MakeUseOf notifications?

Rajaa Chowdhury April 21, 2013

Earlier I had a Yahoo email ID to where all my MakeUseOf replies used to come for comments and answers and questions posted. However, I have deleted that email. Now I have created a new Yahoo email ID and have also associated the same with my MakeUseOf profile.

How can I get all the responses to my this new email ID? I cannot mention the new ID here due to security and privacy, but I guess the MakeUSeOf admins will be able to see it associated.

Tina,

I am surprised that my new yahoo email association is not getting seen at your end. In my profile page after my login when I click on edit, I do see all the new email associations. However, I am mailing you all the details from my new yahoo email and also the screenshot that I see.

• Tina Sieber

Does this trigger a comment notification now?

2. Tina Sieber

Rajaa,

I'm afraid I can not see your new Yahoo email address anywhere, I can only see the old one.

Did you delete your old Yahoo account from your MakeUseOf profile? You would probably have to associate another account you can use to log in first, like Twitter or Google.

In case you created a second account with your new email address, please email me, so I can merge your old and your new account. tina at this domain

Tina,

I have mailed you all the details a couple of days back from my new yahoo email ID. Can you kindly confirm if the issue is resolved for me.

Warm Regards,

Rajaa

• Tina Sieber

Sorry for the delay, Rajaa. I forwarded your email to James and he immediately fixed your email address. You should be receiving notifications already.

As far as we can tell, Gigya did not update your account information in the database. So this is a bug, which we won't be able to fix immediately. However, we can update accounts manually.

Thanks a ton Tina for the help. :D Cheers!!!

Tina,

I marked this question as resolved after you said that the issue has been taken care of, however unfortunately till now I have not received any notifications in my new email ID. :( I could check now as one of the question poster thanked me for the solution answer given to her question, but I did not receive that in my email, I saw it in the website now. Kindly suggest.

• Tina Sieber

Rajaa,

You would not have received notifications for this question, as it was posted with your old email address. I would have changed it immediately, had I known your new email address at the time of publishing the question. I changed the email address now, so you should receive a notification for this comment.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Resolved. :)

Tina,

I think their is a major bug somewhere. As, you changed my question profile for this, I received the answer / notification in my new email, however after that I have received replies to answers posted and even another of my questions has got posted. I have received no notifications at all for them in my new email id. I am stumped.

The notification to the new mail ID is just working with THIS question after you made the necessary changes to the tagging in this question. However, it is not working for any other questions posted later to this and also replies to comments or answers posted later to this question. So, it seems the resolution is currently one question wonder which only applies to this particular question.