How can I change the apple ID on my iPad without losing apps?

Helen J July 24, 2013

I have a 1st Generation IPad received from my husband which was his. His Apple ID comes up requesting his password when I try to purchase apps. How can I register the iPad with my Apple ID without losing all of the previous apps which he purchased?

1. Marc M

Jan F has a fantastic answer.

2. Harkirat singh

Jan F is absolutely right.

See discussion at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2693812?start=75&tstart=0 . In essence, the apps installed are associated with the ID, so updating them will have to be done under the old ID.

You can log in using a different Apple ID within "Settings > iTunes & App Stores". Click on the Apple-ID field, click Sign Out and then logon using your own Apple ID.

You won't lose any of the Apps purchased with the other Apple ID. HOWEVER, purchases are bound to the Apple ID so you will not be able to update any of the Apps purchased via your husbands Apple ID.

Whenever one of those Apps needs updating your device will ask you to log in using his account!

you cant transfer application from user to another user, unless you contact the developers one by one and they do something for you.

6. Donald W.Harmon

Someone has hacked my Facebook account using my usersname
    just having hard time login on how can I stop this??????? This person is a loser with out a life