How can I change BIOS settings from CMD?

Tony H July 17, 2013

My brother messed with my Samsung NP530. He changed the BIOS setting from efi/csm to csm only. Now when I boot up, I’m stuck in a Samsung splash screen. “F2” and “F4 recover” are there, but do nothing.

I need to get into BIOS to set back to”default”. Is there any way to do this in CMD? If so how?

I’ve reinstalled Winodws 8, but when the laptop restarts, I’m back to square one.
Please help if you can! Thanks.

unplug power cable, remove battery and remove cmos battery wait for few hours or 24h?

For Samsung, F2 should be the correct key to enter the BIOS/UEFI Setup.

If it doesn't work you will have to reset the BIOS the hard way like removing the CMOS battery or maybe there's a little button to do so. The option(s) available should be stated in the manual.

The BIOS/UEFI is usually protected against access from an running operating system for many reasons.

Some tools may be able to alter, reset or flash the BIOS/UEFI from within Windows but given that it already appears to be corrupt (F2, F4 not working) I wouldn't take that chance.