How can I bypass an Outlook rule and reach a desired inbox?

Kiran Chaturvedula May 14, 2013

I have a problem where my emails to an organization do not reach the desired recipient. Email is the only way but the emails sent to the recipient are being blocked. As far as I understand this happens because my email ID or my name are being used in a rule to discard my messages.

This communication channel is the only one I have to seek justice. Please help me.

You have to ask yourself what your chance of getting a reply are if they have gone to the trouble of blacklisting you (which is what such as rule adds up to). However, Tina's answer sounds like an excellent way to break through.

2. Nevzat A

If your unique e-mail address is blacklisted (e.g. me@company.com), try another e-mail address on your company (someone@company.com) or use (if none exists, add first) another alias (me2@company.com). If your email domain is blocked/blacklisted (e.g. ...@company.com) you should try another e-mail address (like me@gmail.com). Hope this helps.

white dont you asked them to whitelist your email

4. Tina Sieber

K i r a n, you could use another email address or break up your name or whatever is being filtered (other than your email address) with spaces. The text would remain legible, but the filter wouldn't catch its keyword anymore. Good luck!

• null

It's good to know this technique. Used this procedure to send a link from "Sky Drive" which contain evidences against my termination. I did add spaces in the subject line and also the body and sent to my Vice-President. However unfortunately the email address mentioned by Sky Drive is my email address.

But your idea worked when I created a new alias for my email address which was a string with both first name and last name concatenated. This worked fine.

Anyway, I just wanted to know whether it is possible to MASK the FROM email address till it reaches the recipient. I remember there was a Thunderbird ADD-ON which claims that it can avoid all the servers enroute to the recipient. Any idea on how this works?

• Tina Sieber

I'm afraid I don't know of any way to mask your email address until the email reaches its intended recipient. Encryption will just "mask" the content, right?