How can I build my own Android tablet?

Rajaa Chowdhury December 24, 2012

Can anyone provide me a link where I can get information on how to build an Android tablet on my own and what components I need to buy? Please do not give me that age-old YouTube video link of that Chinese person building his own iPad. That is dated and i am not too impressed with that 3 part video. I need a more structured and scientific documentation, need not be a video but also textual instruction will be fine.

I maybe onto something here. I found a components builder, which may assist onto my project. I just now have to find out how to source it in India. The website is . I am now marking the question as resolved. If I do make some headway, I will keep people updated on the project then.

2. Paul Pruitt

I'm not sure. Try maybe buying parts on and wing it (make it up as you go along). Also look for an engineer on to help you. See if you can pay someone $5 or $10 to help you engineer it. Then write up your results and launch you own howto website. I guess you could use a Rasberry Pi or similar inexpenive computer as the guts.

Also does the help: I know they are not necessary build it yourself articles. Maybe you can write to the people there for more hints and links.

Build Your Own (Android) Tablet!

How to build a 23? Android tablet

Dude that is obviously the first resource I have already tried before posting the question here :)

• shaurya gupta

These guys just keep commenting for points!

a tablet has basic components of a computer like cpu, ram, etc. just check samsung or nexus links to look which components they use. but it would really hard to get these components as well as assemble them to make it into a fully functional android device. there is also the compatibility issue with the choice of your Android ROM and the components you will be using. Best of luck on your quest.