How can I bridge my router with my college network?

kishan gohel December 14, 2012

I have an iBall Baton 150m router and I want to use it as access point with my laptop using LAN cable without using my laptop’s Wi-Fi card. I would like to get better connectivity so I can use more bandwidth. Our campus Wi-Fi is configured to use a proxy. Will this work? And how?

depends, university runs network audits to detect illegal networks from a network standpoint, even if you hide the SSID it can be tracked.

1) To create a bridge between two or more network connections, open the Network Connections folder. Hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the desired connections, then right click one of them and select Bridge Connections.

2) To configure it, right click the Network Bridge and select Properties. You can add or remove connections from the bridge, enable protocols and clients, assign an IP address, create a connection icon in the notification area, etc.

best to check with school and they will advise you

2. Vishal Srivastava

Ask the system admin of your campus if it is allowed. If it is, he/she'll help you set it up. If its not, its better to forget it than be kicked out...

Check with your school's system admin if this is allowed. if yes then i think they will definitely help you to set it up.

4. Jose Paolo Gonzales Otico

I think you might want to check with your school if it's within their terms to allow you to do that.