How can I ‘bookmark’ directories in Windows?

Joseph Videtto June 29, 2013

What Windows tool will let me store locations of directories with the ease and level of detail that hyperlink locations are stored in a web browser?

For some reason, when I have to find files and directories on my Windows machine (which has four 2TB drives and a LOT of data and directories) – it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack, even though there is a very logical organization to my directory/subdirectory names. There’s just a lot of them.

Come to think of it – the same is true for my hyperlinks. I guess it’s partially me lol. I still tend to bookmark lots of places without organizing them into folders in real-time upon discovery. Just a bad habit of disorganization I guess.

But – if I were to organize my hyperlinks, I’m very happy with the tools that Chrome and Mozilla offer – both the built-in Bookmarks organizers and of course the many choices of add-ins.

However – I am unaware of such user-friendly well designed tools for storing local computer locations across my hard drives. I’ve tried adding bookmarks in Windows Explorer – but I find it very cumbersome.

Can anyone recommend the tools they’re happy with for storing local computer directory and file locations ?

Thanks in advance.