How can I block family members from seeing what other people write on my Facebook wall?

Rosalinda Sanchez May 18, 2012

I would like to know how to hide someone from my incoming wall posts on Facebook so that my family members are unable to see them. Can anyone help?

1. Laga Mahesa

On Facebook, look for the down arrow next to Home, in the top right corner. Click it and select Privacy Settings.

In the popup window, select Timeline and Tagging.

Customize this section according to your needs. I prefer to use a Custom setting - Friends, excluding people in the "Restricted" and "Students" lists. In your case, use the "Family" list.

HTH.

2. Joe Videtto

I think the safest thing to do would be to have 2 identities - one for your 'close' friends and the other for your family or work aquaintences. Of course, this would also be cumbersome. Interestingly, the NYC DOE came out with guidelines about communications between teachers and students, and the need for professionalism and transparency in the communications. I believe wholeheartedly that the only way to separate 'business', or 'school buisiness' from 'pleasure' or ' 'close friends' is to have 2 different id's. I think managing the privacy settings to achieve the same might be error-prone or tricky, suspect to an 'accidental' colliding of your worlds - which could be catastrophic !!!! FB really needs to address this issue.

3. Kyem Ghosh

As per my knowledge, if any friend of you post on your wall, you cannot hide it from the other members untill and unless you delete it. They'll get it in your timeline.. Yes you can hide any post you write on your friend's wall from your other friends.

4. Susendeep Dutta