How can I access my Linux server using a browser outside of college?

linux rocks January 3, 2013

I have a Linux server that I host in my dorm. The thing is, I can not configure port forwarding, so I can not access it outside of the college.

Is there any way to set it up to access it outside the college? I need to access it no matter what computer I am on, with just the browser.

you have to follow college rules

• Degenerated S

hahaha ... You are restricting His experimentations

2. Paul Pruitt

TeamViewer,, works with Linux too.

3. Muo TechGuy

No. Servers become publicly accessibly by using the external IP; if you only have one server, then forwarding is easy. What if all students wanted their own server? How would the school network know where to redirect everything? Would everyone have their own special port? It's just ridiculously impractical and a serious security risk.

Move out of the dorm and get your own apartment and your own internet connection.

Check if this is of any help :

• linux rocks

I don't have a publicly accessible server that i can use ssh on on. I have one that I use to host websites and such, but no ssh acess

• linux rocks

It is mainly going to be used to access a website that I host on the computer