How can I access my laptop using my Android phone via USB cable?

October 11, 2013

There’s a problem with my laptop: My screen goes black but some how I’m able to use hot-keys to play some files, which means my laptop is functioning.

I think its my screen problem. Before I’m getting my laptop for repair, I want to take some important files from my laptop by using my Android phone to access via USB cable. Are there any programs I can install that will transfer files from my laptop to my Android device?

Oron advise is good, you can also use dropbox or similar free online backup sites to sync there your files,

• Satoshi D

Yeah, but too bad there is no dropbox installed on my laptop.

can you boot with livecd and check if the screen goes black in this case, some livecd do have backup applications.

I'm not aware of any way of doing this, at least not without preparing the PC in some way (e.g. setting it up to share files over WiFi).
    However, if it's a screen problem, perhaps you can borrow an external screen from someone and use it to back up your files.
    Alternatively, you could remove the hard disc before sending it for repair. If you need to send the disc, remove it and connect it to the phone using use an external hard disc enclosure (or a USB to SATA adapter, available from eBay for a few dollars), and an OTG adapter for your phone (finding one to fit your phone could be the tricky bit) to connect the disc to the phone and copy the files.

• Satoshi D

Alright, I will try this. Thanks