Does anyone know the name of an old hovercraft game?

Player December 29, 2011

I’m looking for an old game that I played. You had to mount various types of components (radars, weapons, etc) on hovercraft, then you used them in various game types like capture the flag, races, and etc. However, during the competition you couldn’t control the vehicle .

Does anyone know of this game, or if not, know of a game that is like it?

1. Player

Ok, I found it:
    MindRover: The Europa Project

2. Player

The game is most closely liken "Robot Arena 1" only when attached to the vehicle components were 2d, not 3d.
    May you know a game like "Robot Arena 1" but with rules similar to the competitions "Eurobot"?

3. Sahil Dave

I am pretty sure you are talking about game named RECOIL

http://www.mobygames.com/game/recoil 

i liked the game very very much; also it was the only game which ran on my PC that time !

4. Player

Interesting game for his time but is not that.

I understand that it's hard to imagine for who has not played the game, but I repeat:

"During the competition you have NO CONTROL over the vehicle!"

That's why seems so particular, it was like programing a race and than just sit and watch. It's something like what happens in "Robot Wars Extreme" but without external control.

I can say a lot of details about the game but I think does not help;
    what is special about is :
    you must attach some components to a vehicle so that you had to win competition (WITHOUT control during the competition).

Example of what I remember:
    the speed race was pretty simple: you need only about two radars, two triggers, a steering wheel and an engine; you place a radar to the left front, one to the right, if the radar signal left border, pulled steering wheel to the right and vice versa, etc ...

Hello, could it be this one:

http://www.stanford.edu/~cammat/HOVER/