Why is Hotmail insisting that my password is incorrect when I entered the right one?

May 25, 2014

I am trying to get in my Hotmail account and it says “wrong password” so I’ve entered the right password and still I can’t get in.

Try the recovery link -

https://account.live.com/acsr

delete IE 10 temp files and cookies then try again
    this can be also if account is hacked!

I'm not sure which answer you expect to get from us? If Hotmail says you entered the wrong password, you did.

Open up a word or text application and type in your password to see if your keys are all working as expected.
    Keep in mind that Hotmail login = Microsoft ID = Windows Live ID = Microsoft Passport, etc. So if you changed the password on any of that services the password for Hotmail will be the new one too.

If all seems fine click the "Can't access your account?" link underneath the login boxes.

If you didn't sign into any Microsoft service for 270 days your account becomes inactive and all user data is deleted (login still works). Another 90 days after that the Microsoft ID is deleted and someone else can actually "grab it". If you haven't used the account for over a year someone else might have taken that user name.