Why does my Hotmail account sometimes log me out?

Michelle Norton October 22, 2012

I have the hotmail app on my android..I have 2 hotmail accounts stored on it. However, several times a day my primary hotmail account logs me out and I get a notification that I am required to re-enter my password. It does not do that with my secondary hotmail account. What gives?

1. Tom Hughes

Since loading Norton 360 my Notepad I have lost access to both Hotmail and facebook. can anyone help?

Check to see whether Norton 360 has blocked access to Hotmail and Facebook or not.

2. Alex Perkins

Maybe its to make sure if you forget your phone somewhere that someone can't read all your mail but they can send you an email to say they have your phone.

3. Caroline West

All it is it's a security measure by Hotmail. It happens to me if I leave the account open, go away for a bit, come back and Hotmail asks me to login again. It happens with Yahoo also. Seriously, other than it is a pain, it isn't anything serious. And as it's your Primary account, Hotmail is just giving you better, but annoying!, security.

4. Declan Lopez

if you are inactive on you account it will usually require you to login again as a security precaution

5. Ahmed Khalil

i think it is a security setting you may made in that account make it log out after some time try to check its setting comparing to the other one

6. Dimal Chandrasiri

I think your session might have timed out. if you don't tic keep you loged in feature, there will be a session and after a certain time it will expire.

7. Boni Oloff

I think you must check the remember password when you add the account, try to delete that account and add it again.