Why is there a horizontal line across the top of my laptop display?

Anonymous September 8, 2014

I just bought a laptop of brand Acer on march-14. Few days back (almost 7 days) there is a horizontal line mark top of the screen (from top down 1 Inch). Could you please advise why this is here? Should I need to go to the shop where I bought this? Awaiting for your kind advise in this regards ASAP you could please.

You must quickly take it to the shop and ask for new piece as it's manufacturing defect.You must know that replacing a laptop screen is very costly due to high cost of LCD panel.

• zaman

Hello... Many many thanks for your advise and already given to the shop for replacements.

If it's a very thin line (single pixel), then it's almost certainly a hardware fault. If it's a thicker line it's still likely to be a hardware issue, but I suppose it could be a driver issue. Either way, since the computer is under warranty and the problem was not caused by yourself, you should take it back to the vendor and let them sort it out.

The line you mention can be a sign that the monitor is going bad, the display cable is loose, or other display hardware is faulty. Definitely try to get warranty repairs or exchange soon. You should definitely backup and important data and files in case you lose the files on the computer during repairs or exchange.

if it is under warranty then yes return it.