How can I hook up my phone to my TV?

Randi October 30, 2011

Want to hook up my Samsung Galaxy phone to my JVC TV, so that I can watch the videos that I downloaded to my phone on my TV. What kind of cable do I need and what setting do I have to set it on?

1. matt

I have looked everywhere for the cable & I can only find the bigger plug inn &.galaxy2 has that small plug Inn ,do I need an adapter?

• Susendeep Dutta

If your phone is Galaxy SII then it has an MHL port and you need to buy a cable for this.Check out the links suggested by Fidelis above.

Hello, that all depends on what kind of outgoing connections you have on your phone.  Check the manual for the phone, if you do not have a manual go to manufacturer's site and download it there.

According to the specifications for the Samsung Galaxy phone on link, it does not have tv-out.  You might have a different model though..

The following is the link for manual:

Now, if you have the Samsung Galaxy S II, it has tv-out:

It works on the way explained on the following link:

For this to work you would need a MHL cable, which is a cable that has HDMI in one end and a micro usb port on the other.

pasted from samsung manual :
    TV out
    Configure settings for connecting your device to a TV via an
    optional device-to-RGB cable, to view content from the device on
    the TV.
    1. From a Home screen, press the Menu Key ? Settings
    ? Display settings.
    2. Touch TV out to enable or disable TV out connectivity.
    3. Touch TV system to choose PAL or NTSC.

the cable : mini stereo (3.5 mm) to RCA video cable

thats what this guide suggests :