How can I hide myself on Torrents?

Lewis August 28, 2010

I just want to download one file from The Pirate Bay, but I don’t want to get my internet throttled or whatever happens when you download from there.

A couple of month ago I used The Pirate Bay for the first time and downloaded about five films, then my internet went really slow for about two weeks – under 1Mb download speed. I dont know whether that was the ISP or what, but I want to be hidden this time so it doesnt happen again.

I want a quick easy and free way to hide myself. I tried ItsHidden but there is no Windows 7 guide. I followed the Windows Vista guide, but cannot get it to work. Would like a solution ASAP as it’s a big file.

Thanks.

1. Steve Campbell

TorrentFreak should have the resources you're looking for. Here's a pretty decent article I just found on there:

http://torrentfreak.com/5-ways-to-download-torrents-anonymously-100819/

2. Lewis

I think that it was the middle of the month, I think it was the end of the month when I was downloading films I then went on holiday for 2 weeks and came back in the next month and the Internet was slow, soni can't of reached a limit then after 2 weeks it was fine

Lewis,

those two weeks when your internet speed were throttled, did you have the Torrent open? Maybe those were the two last weeks of the month?

It rather sounds like you don't have a true flatrate and reached a download or data transfer limit with your ISP. As a result they maybe have limited your internet access.