How can I hide only selected wall posts my friends made from my family?
Question by Antonio /

Hey, how are you guys? hope you’re okay!

So, I have these publications written by my friends on my wall and I want to hide them from my family. But I don’t want to delete them.

So far, I’ve made a friendlist with my family, and set “See publications of friends on my wall” as “Only friends; except Family”…

The problem in here is that I’m hiding ALL my friends’ publications on my wall and that will look suspicious to my family members, so I don’t want that.

I only want to hide those couple of publications, and that’s all.

Hope you can help me!

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

ok I just tested it…your uncle or anyone in the family list..will not
    see any posts by your frnds or by themselves..not only that…they will
    not be able to post anything on your wall….

so either you continue with this..or tell your frnds not to discuss the sensitive topic on your wall.

both will work…choice is yours..hope it helped you to uderstand your situation.

and now the solution :

it is totally impractical, but thats the only way you can do it..

those friends whose posts you want to hide from your family…

will have to block oyur family members one by one….

once your frnds block your family..you dont need to hide anything..it’s already done.

but you will have to provide that entire list of your family members..

• Antonio

Oh… and there’s a HORRIBLE downside about changing “See publications of friends on my wall” as “Only friends; except Family”… in my case, an uncle wrote recently on my wall, and after i changed those settings, he wasn’t able to find his old post! i don’t know if he can write new posts and then see them, but, at least, he can’t see the ones he wrote before i changed the settings!

just for you to know ):

and now the solution :

• Antonio

doesn’t facebook suck? :/
      guess it’s a little more practical just to create a whole new facebook, one for family, and the other for friends… anyway, thanks a lot for the help! and i keep praying that now that G+ is growing, facebook will improve and will include something like those social circles

I think there are some changes.
      just set pricacy:
      can post on my wall : friends
      Can see wall post by friends : only me
      Now your uncle can post on your wall, can see only his post, and posts by you.
      not by your friends.

• Antonio

Well, ironically i forgot to add an aunt to my “Family” friendlist and now she has PM’d me because of my wallposts… i mean, i don’t even get why was she looking at my wall… bloody fantastic ¬¬

And well, i want to hide the posts not because they’re obscene or disrespectful (my family has no problem with that kind of things) but it deals with some economical problems i’m having right now, and my parents don’t want the whole family to know about them… well, long story

Anyway… Facebook NEEDS to create some sort of ‘social circles’ like Google+ did… i don’t use G+, but right now it seems like a VERY useful tool

Obviously, my updates can be visible in my profile. But most of the users check their news feed rather than getting into each friends profile…. isn’t it!

Even I faced these issues when my Parents joined Facebook. You really need to tell your friends not to post such updates or can send messages on Facebook as Jay told in previous answer.

Now, this step is little tricky one. As a solution what I did was, when my Parents logged in from their profile and left the profile open or asked me how to do some setting in Facebook from their profile. I looked for my updates on Facebook, on their wall and clicked (X) cross button on the top right corner of the update which gave me a option of ‘Hide all by Cyril’.

Which saved me by getting my updates on my Parents wall.

You cant do that.
    tell your frnds not to create such posts…send private messages..create a closed/secret  group and enjoy…

but whats wrong with hiding all the posts by friends as you have already done!
    it wont look suspicious…
    your updates will still be visible to them.
    No one will stalk your profile so much carefully !
    yes they will think nobody wished you on your birthday :)

How To Control The Visibility Of Facebook Wall Posts
    http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-wall-posts-2010-01
    How To Hide FaceBook Wall Posts From Certain People While Still Allowing Them To Write On Your Wall
    http://geekdrop.com/content/how-to-hide-facebook-wall-posts-from-certain-people-while-still-allowing-them-to-write-on-yo

• Vesja94

Well, thanks… But, as i commented on my question, i’ve allready done those things at the links… guess there’s no way to solve my problem ):