How can I hide my IP when commenting on blogs?

veganinha April 30, 2012

I think it’s uncomfortable to reveal my IP to unknown people. How can I hide it when commenting on blogs, websites and WordPress?

1. Kwasi

At first I too couldn't hide my ip but afterwatching this video, it has helped me to change my ip address with ease. This is the video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xob33BpPFmg

Yes, the below methods will work, but can I ask why?

Unless of course your posting on blogs where you reveal personal information, but for comments like this, I don't really think you need to. I don't think MUO will track you down unless you say something which could get you into a lot of trouble.

If you are scared about revealing your IP, did you know that a website can find out which website you just came from?

• veganinha

Oh you don't get me! ^_^
      Okay, I had an online stalker once. She plagiarized me and I took my measures and she became obsessed with me. I think I even encouraged her to blog, or so I think so cause her template is like mine as well. So that's creepy and she's not the first stalker I have.

Anyway I don't know who's behind a blog, I feel really uncomfortable with this.

3. Gjivan

Proxy sites and vpns can be a good solution. Try anchorfree's hotspot shield free version. It works perfectly

• veganinha

All you guys thank you so much.
      Yes, I'm using AnchorFree's Hotspot Shield. The weird thing about this is that I tried to register in a forum and it says I'm forbitten cause I'm using something to hide my IP but I checked, it's turned off, I didn't use today.

4. epiquestions

Tor Network and Ultrasurf.
    For Tor there is already a downloadable bundle(browser etc) to be able to use it after unpacking.

For Ultrasurf you just need to run it and set your browser's proxy to the local address: port that Ultrasurf listens to (default is 9666).

You can usually see it working by checking google and see that the language is different (unless of course you set google to only display english and not change languages depending on the region you are connecting from)

• veganinha

Great, going to look at it right now. I'm using Hotspot Shield, really good too.

Thank you and you all so much.

Using VPNs and proxies are the easiest way to do this. You could use the Tor network to accomplish this. The address the website would get would be the last one in the chain of Tor machines instead of yours.

• veganinha

Oh great, this Tor Network seems to be the real thing.

Thanks you all, this have been great. I don't know how it works but I got my answer.

6. Susendeep Dutta

How to Hide My IP Address From Showing Up While Visiting Someone's Blog -

http://www.ehow.com/how_7398299_hide-up-visiting-someone_s-blog.html