inspirona

How can I hide Facebook wall posts that were previously visible to networks or friends of friends?

02 Apr 2011
02 Apr 2011 | |

I’m new to Facebook and when I started posting on my wall, I originally had wall posts by me visible to “Friends of Friends” and/or “Network”. Now I have made my wall so that only my Friends can see my wall posts. However, the previous wall posts STILL indicate that they are viewable by “Friends of Friends”/”Network”. I thought that if I made my wall visible only to Friends, it would affect previous posts as well. Is this true? If not, what can I do?

I cannot preview my profile to check if the content is still visible to “Friends of Friends”/”Network” but the privacy link on the individual posts when I hover over the “padlock” says they are STILL visible.

Please help me understand this because the Facebook help section seems to imply that the only way I can restrict access to my previous posts is by deleting the original and reposting them! That seems so silly–the posts will make no sense if I repost them!