Is it possible to hide some Facebook friends from others?
Question by Michael_Schumer /

Does anyone know if it is possible to hide some friends from others or create friend lists so that one list cannot see another? While I can understand this sounds dodgy, that really is not my intention. I am currently studying IT Networking Security.

• Luigi

Yes you can.
    1) Choose which friend(s) you don’t not want them to see some of your other friends.
    2) Go to those individual friends’ wall, and where it says Friend (with a check mark), select Acquaintances.
    3) Now, from your wall, click the little window with your friends’ thumbnails in it. Then, on the right top of your friends list, click Edit. It will give you the option “Who can see your friend list on your timeline” select “Friends except Acquaintances”

You can verify if those friends cannot see your friend list by using the option “View As” and then type in their names.

All done.

• Charles

Luigi, Your scenario doesn’t work if I want a certain friend to see just some of our friends. I don’t want to hide the entire list of friends. Any ideas?

• Ibrahim Nadir

oops i was wrong. u can. u cant hide pages by the way. to hide groups here u go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY8tpqh8BwY

• Ibrahim Nadir

i think it depends on the group settngs. If the group is hidden, your friends wont see it on their ticker. Its not in ur control as i once tried it a lot.

• aryan dsoza

how to hide certain friend from other friends from same profile or friend list on facebook

• Aninco

i want to hide my pictures from my friends and delete all posted pictures of friends on my facebook

• john cena

@julie fb can get the count sometimes in doing research on this for 8 months nw.. or two others may ve blocked ur name … blocking.is an option everybody above forgot it….

• Luvie

@ John I’m having the same problem tells me this person who is *clears throat* my husband who has 61 friends but I can only see 48… Strange, not that I’m too concerned just little things have been weird he adds people then they disappear from his list…wonder what is going on…any thoughts?

• Carrie

There is an Edit option on friend’s list where you can control who can see your full friends list. You can choose”only me” but mutual friends will still be visible.

• julie

are you guys all sure this is impossible? my bf’s list went from 34 to 36 but only shows 34. there are definitely 2 i am not seeing

• Marcel

I have seen that also. Why would that happen??

• tomash

because:
      1 – they blocked your profile
      2 – they disabled their own profile

• Ben

He has probably hidden his friends list from everyone. What happens though is if he has common friends with you, you will only see those and not the others

• Rishi

there is an option in facebook, using which u can hide ur friend list from everybody on fb, but people can still know who ur friends are though ur wall posts, photos n mutual friend list.

• Syd

That’s what Google+ is for. I would look into that.

• Michael_Schumer

As much as you could not know that I have ADHD and eloquate/respond a certain way, lets put this to rest and conclude that the function I inquired about, for whatever reason, may never exist and leave it at that. Have a relaxing weekend everyone and may the Schwarz be with you…