What are hashtags and how to effectively use them?

Osama September 1, 2011

Guide me about hashtag and different good uses of hashtags on Twitter. I also don’t know how to search using a hashtag. Should I put it in search box on Twitter?

What Are Hashtags ("#" Symbols)?

No, I'm not kidding. That's actually the title Twitter gave it. Twitter knows the intelligence level of most their users is so embarrassingly low, that they must include in the title what a hash tag is through an example, as if the hash tag was invented by Twitter and POOMF!! Appeared on everyone's keyboard.

Hashtags are a step backwards in forming comprehensible sentences. They are a visual nuisance, that I liken to RaNdOm CaPiTiLiZaTiOn and L33T 5P34K. It started on Twitter, from there has infected every other social network, that nobody seems to know the meaning of. People just randomly append it to their sentences. #PeopleAreDumb

• Osama

Not the answer to my question

• Jeffery Fabish

Did you read the link? Twitter already answered your question if you would search before you post.