Why does having a particular hard drive connected cause my computer to blue screen?

Jing August 6, 2012

I have a 80gb IDE and a 1TB SATA harddrive. Two days ago, the computer wasnt responding, so I rebooted, but it always reboots after few seconds at the scroll screen. I couldn’t start the computer. I tried to boot from a PE system on a CD, but came up with a blue screen. I also tried booting with the 80gb IDE, still blue screen. But the 80gb IDE worked when I took out the 1TB SATA. I am typing this while using the 80gb NOW. The problem is: when I attaches 1TB to the comp, no drive will boot, but detaching it makes everything work fine. How could I fix the 1TB drive if I can’t even boot any other drives when it is attached?
The blue Screen says that: if you have recently made any changes to softwares, like installing a antivirus or …, uninstall them……., Something like that. And sometimes it came up with a different screen, something about ‘pagefile.sys’ ….. The computer works fine; I’m using it right now with the 80gb, but I don’t want to reinstall the system on 1TB (I havent tried, doesn’t even know if that will work) and lose many of my files. I don’t think it is any viral problems or software.