How can I use my handset as a modem to connect to the internet on my PC?

Ramananda March 4, 2010

I have a china handset (CECT U90), which comes with no PC suite CD. I’m able to browse internet on the handset, but unable to connect to PC. Kindly, can anybody suggest the steps?

I did a little Googling on your behalf and found this page that says this (I can not verify anything other than the files do not have viruses as I do not have the device.):

this chinese phone supports the usb modem driver and software related to LG C2500.. so download that pc suite and driver and get enjoyed...

here are the link for u hope it will fix the issue so dont forget to rate it...

Let me know if this works out for you.

• ramananda

hi, thanx a lot for searching on my behalf & i will sure try to get the software which is mentioned by you..

2. Taty

If your handset has Bluetooth, you can get a Bluetooth dongle (for as little as 5 bucks) for your computer (if it doesn't already have bluetooth) and use this software:

If you have the cable to connect the phone to your computer, you can use the drivers and PC suite for the LG C2500. Apparently they use the same drivers.

Although I can not list the exact steps to tell you what to do (because I have never heard of that phone before), I can give you guidance as to what to do.

What you are interested in is called Tethering. This allows you to use your phone as a modem and you will be charged for the data sent and received by your phone provider.

If no software is provided with your phone, try looking on the internet for software for your particular phone.

If you find it (or don't find it), try connecting your phone to your computer via the cable provided, and your phone may be presented with an option that allows you to connect your computer to the internet. Your computer may automatically install the necessary software/drivers on your computer.

Sorry if I can't be of more help.

• ramananda

Thanks a lot for your attention to my question, now I'm searching for related softwares.