Why did my Growly Notes content on my pages disappeared overnight and how do I get it back?

Alex Suprise September 4, 2012

I just began using Growly Notes for my law school notes yesterday, and I created a table template for creating case briefs. I typed up a few briefs yesterday using this template, and the pages looked great. Now today when I opened Growly Notes, the pages and their titles are in tact but the actual content of the pages (the table templates where all the text was) have vanished. There is a title on each page and that is it. What’s going on?

Hello Alex - I've never used Growly and do not regularly use a Mac or anything with iOS, so I say this without any expert knowledge:

It sounds like one of two potential problems: (1) it could be a software bug; (2) it may be an incompatibility between two programs installed on your computer.

Growly Notes recently introduced a feature that (if enabled) syncs the contents of your notebooks to a remote server, such as Dropbox. However, because of technological incompatibilities, Dropbox has been known to delete part of Growly Note notebooks. This is largely because Dropbox makes intermittant backups of your files. Oftentimes, these backups overwrite the backups made by Growly Notes and this can lead to issues similar to what you're experiencing.

If it's the first scenario, then there's nothing anyone can do. If it's the second, you will need to stop syncing to Dropbox.

http://growlybird.com/GrowlyBird/FAQs.html (for questions down from the top - the entry on Dropbox for more information)

• Alex

Thanks for your response but I emailed Growly Notes and got it all figured out. I was very impressed by the hasty response I received.

Basically my version got damaged somehow, and I had to delete the damaged version and download a new one.

Thanks though!