Which is the best graphics card for gaming, multimedia, 3D rendering and video editing?

dan April 21, 2011

Which is the better graphics card, for gaming, multimedia, 3D rendering and video editing? ATI or NVidia?

I recently bought a HP Probook 4321s and it comes with a 1 GB ATI Radion Premium Graphics card. I haven’t yet installed any intensive (like World of Warcraft, Crysis) games, nor have I done a lot of graphics or movie making on it yet, but I will have to do so in the course of time.

Will it be as good as the Nvidia graphics cards?

Also, I have once read on the web that ATI graphics (GPU) cards have more incompatibility or other issues with Linux. I have used Ubuntu on my desktop PC, and I will install Ubuntu 11.04 when it comes out this month. I am not sure if the ATI card will work very well with the Linux OS. Currently I am running Win 7 Pro and it’s been working well.