Why is my graphics card not detected after I formatted my computer?

bag Ankita July 12, 2012

I have installed NVIDIA 960 graphics card on my computer. After formatting my PC it is not detected.

1. tim

im messin with the same thing my bios does not have any onboard video disable i no think there is some kind a trick like boot then restart or some thing but this didnot work for me any yall no something like this reply but again most likely not divers becouse the card would still kick over and work although the "drivers" may not be for that card its called plug in play there has to be a conditional step of button pushing so stop with the driver bs he/she has them in hand and du and what not

2. tim

drivers are good and all but the pc still needs to no its there first then drivers

3. Dhruva

I have re installed os windows 7 ultimate to my pc then tryed to install mother bord DVD for Dh61dl & DH61WW classic series in that GRAPHICK media and eset smart security 4 failed to install pls help

4. James West

Did you by the cards. if you did, there should be a cd. The cd should have the drivers for the card.

i installed my drivers with my cd it shows the nvidia options but the graphic memory is just 64 mb what shall i do for it

5. Mihovil Pletikos

first check which gpu you really have.... then go to nvidia website and download drivers you need... and that's it

6. Oron

As others have said, you need to download the driver for your card and install it. Ideally, download it from the specific manufacturer of the card, but if that's not possible, you can get drivers from http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

7. Santha narayanan

You might deleted your driver of the graphic card from your database while formating your computer

Windows 7 detects most graphic cards and will download the right drivers through the Windows Update.
    If it isnt then download the correct drivers from NVidia.

9. ferdinan Sitohang

Your graphic card is not detected because you don't install any driver of it. You need to install the driver, but first find and download your driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us Thanks

10. Shakirah Faleh Lai

Find the drivers cd and install them if you don't have it just google to look for the drivers.

11. Ivan Nui?

If you can, you should go to the NVIDIA website and download the latest drivers for your card. Also you should check the Model Nr. since the 960 is not correct.

12. Dalsan

Is it showing up in the device manager? You may have to install/reinstall the drivers for your video card.