How do I know whether my graphics card is AGP or PCI Express?

Zain September 4, 2011

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 7300Se\7200Gs 512 MB.

I want to know if I can buy a 1GB card for my PC.

1. Fems_pogi

Zain, I am "into" hardware also.  But that was a long, long time ago.  However, I just got this post somewhere.  I hope this will help.  By the "finality" of the statement of this guy, he seemed to know about hardware too.   I don't have the capability to check the veracity of his statement.  But I will be more than glad if you can confirm this.  Here's the post.

alan.p

Limp Gawd, 5.4 Years

Status:

PCI-E and PCI cards all have straight lines of connectors along the
    bottom of the card, a single line from top to bottom of the connector.

AGP cards have two lines of connectors, one on top of the other, crammed in on the same area.

Your graphics card has a PCI Express graphics bus.

Do you mean an SD Card? Your video card won't influence whether or not you can use an SD Card. As long as you have an SD reader (internal or external) you can use it. Most modern computers do. If not, a 1GB card of what?

he wants to expand graphics card to one with 1 gb of RAM

I suppose a graphics card with 1GB GDDR is meant.

In general you are able to update your graphics card as long as your power supply is sufficient. 

For example a Geforce GTX 550 would require ~110W. 
      Adding the CPU, RAM, Hard Disk(s), Optical Drive, peripheral and cooling (Fans) you will need at least 300W-350W. Considering the additional heat, life span of the power supply at full load and aging of components (decrease in efficiency) you should have at least 450W.

Thanks You For helping

LOl thx
      and for the card i want to buy i mean a graphic card 1 gb :D

Bascially these two cards have different connectors to the motherboard (or bus). See this image for visual, http://img.tfd.com/cde/_NVPCX.JPG