Which graphic card would you recommend for my computer?

ahmad ashraf January 24, 2011

My Computer:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ?
RAM 2 GB ?
CPU Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.06GHz ?
Hard Disks 200 GB free?
Display Adapters Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Monitor 1x; Generic PnP Monitor?
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G31M-ES2C ?
? With a space for one new graphic card?

I want to buy a video card that consumes / deals with the maximum power of my PC. I want to use this computer for gaming.

Thank you!

Radeon or Nvidia cards are a safe bet

Hi
    Radeon HD 5870 is clearly overwhelmed by this GTX 580, designed exclusively for top configurations range, with particular attention to current that must provide the motherboard. We must now wait for the response to AMD architecture Caiman and the HD 6990 (codenamed Antilles). Single HD 5970, dual GPU of his condition, still arrives to stand up to the GTX 580.Nvidia delays dual-GPU GTX 590 to beat Antilles

I guess right now you should have the PCI-Express x16 available. I would recommend the following card shown in this link:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/diamond_hd5770_xoc/

This card has the following ports:
    -Display-Port,
    -HDMI port,
    -2 Dual-Link DVI-I ports

As you can see with the ports available you can set up a multi display system easily. One thing you will probably have to do is get a new power suply unit because this card needs a 6-pin power connector. It is usually recommended to have at least a 450watt or greater if you have a single card and a 600watt power supply for CrossFire(running two graphic cards as one). In the case of your motherboard you do not have to worry about CrossFire because for it to work you need 2 PCI-E sockets.

This video card comes with 1GB GDDR5 of memory and it is compliant with DirectX 11 and it is also compatible with older revisions. It also supports OpenGL 3.1.

As a final note, I would advised you to up your RAM (memory) to the maximum allowed by your motherboard specially as you said that you are planning to use it for gaming. The maximum memory allowed by your motherboard is 4 GB of RAM.

What is your Power Supply Wattage (you can find it on the label of the PSU)?
    Which of the motherboards expension slots is free (PCIex16, PCIex1, PCI)?
    And most importantly, what is your desired budget for the graphics card (they range from 30 to 10.000$...)?