Does GPS navigation on the iPhone work like on my Droid?

Keith Schare October 25, 2011

I read your “9 best GPS apps”. Thank you. I have a Droid now with fantastic GPS built in. I want an iPhone but hate to give up my GPS. On my phone, I can speak the word “McDonalds” and it will give me turn by turn to the nearest McDonalds. Is there anything like that for the iPhone?

1. Dave LeClair

Siri works like that, but the Navigation on iPhone is a little different once you actually find the results. It doesn't actually do navigation with voice guided turn by turn, rather, it just puts a blue line on the map and you stick along that route. It is def not the best navigation I have seen, but it gets the job done. 

• Thmax

It sucks compared to droid's. Would like to know if Siri would work on TomTom or Navigon

Siri, your assistant on iphone will do exactly the same if you are in US.
    (who/what is Siri :http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/siri-faq.html)

If you are out of US, you will have to wait till 2012 when the maps and local services will be added , and Siri will tell you where is nearest mcdonalds.

It is still in beta, and acts funny sometimes.