Does Google offer CPM for people that want to put ads on their site?

fruitgeek February 28, 2011

CPM means cost per mille, which is a type of system where the site with the ads gets paid a certain amount for every thousand page views. If I am correct, the basic text AdSense is CPC, which is cost per click or something like that. I know that a lot of people don’t frequently click on ads, and I would like to get paid anyway. (In the hypothetical scenario that I would start a website…:-)

1. fruitgeek

Thanks, Mike. That's helpful to know. I have checked out CPM banners on Casale Media and TribalFusion, but they require thousands of page views a day. I knew AdSense didn't have a lower limit, so I was wondering if it could be looked at as alternatives to the above.

Not sure about CasaleMedia but TribalFusion (I think) would pay considerably more for CPM than Google. As for the Google's CPC ads, don't underestimate them.

Here on MakeUseOf the CPC ads tend to perform better than any other ad type. Or you can always use both on the same ad spot and let the Google decide which ads to show to each user. The system is designed to serve ads with highest payout to the publisher.

Google AdSense is a combination of both, CPC and CPM adds. From what I know you can neither decide nor influence which type of ads are viewed on your page.

Both text and image ads can be paid on either a CPC or CPM basis.

The best way is to create an (free) AdSense Account and look through all the informations and options available.