Why isn’t Google Maps Street View working?
Question by Stephen Kamm /

Street view will not work for me. I am using IE8 with Vista Home. When I drag the little man icon out, he turns orange, the streets are highlighted blue. On releasing the icon, the blue disappears and the icon goes home and turns gray and will no longer work at all.

Many thanks for all your help.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Rithin12

Thanks a Million     Kammbo  it worked for me… u r great….

Braden,

the question above is very old and you are not likely to get any new replies or solutions.

I recommend that you ask a new question using the respective button on MakeUseOf Answers. Please try to provide a thorough description of your issue, what software version and version of Windows you are using, and what you have tried to fix the issue. 

• Braden

kambo!!! you lied to me!! why?

• Braden

not working!!!!!!

• Ceinwen5

Kammbo, I have been trying for weeks to fix my Googe Earth street view to no avail. I followed your instructions on changing the browser settings and Hey Presto! its all good again.

Your a Genius
    Thanks a million Ceinwen ( North Wales)

• Skies_afar

I Found that the Divx player add-ons, in Internet Explorer 8, caused Google Street View not to work.

• Rayfer

Thanks much. removed divx add ons and presto street views works. I tried for months to no avail. What would we do without you lol. thanx again

• Lily

Yahooooooooooooooo, well done Kammbo. Worked like magic. Thank you very much.

• Kammbo

From Alleluia
    I have been having problems with Google Maps, Street View for over a year and despite various forums and lack of help from Google WOS (Waste of Space) I have just cured the problem 5 minutes ago. Changing various settings ( Activex etc) did not help me. I am running Home Vista. IE 8. I did this. Went to browser Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Reset Internet Explorer Settings> Reset> Ok

It worked. Yippeeeeeeee I hope it works for you. If not I shall carefully look at my current settings and post them here. Also, be cautious when you subsequently cahnge settings that you record these on a piece of paper in order to reverse your procedures. Blest wishes Alleluia

Thank you for sharing Kammbo!

• IRWIN

HI TINA

I TRIED RESETING IE8 NG

I’VE NOTICED I’M HAVING A PROBLEM DOWNLOADING DATA FOR MY PROGRAMS INCLUDING PICTURES FROM THE INTERNET

WHAT CAN IT BE?

Irwin,

I don’t know the answer. I know very little about Internet Explorer, I don’t use it. I would recommend to use another browser.

If you do need IE fixed, I recommend to ask a new question. Here in this thread your question won’t be noticed by many, hence you are unlikely to receive an answer. Thanks!

• Mtn-man

Awesome. Worked like a charm!

• KammboFan

This solved it for me!! Tons of thanks Kammbo.

• Gab lady

Thank you Kammbo, you were absolutely right. It worked! Yay

• JiljL

Very helpful Kammbo!!!

• Taty

There seem to be a lot of strange issues between Internet Explorer and Google products, so I would also highly suggest using a different browser such as Chrome:
    http://www.google.com/chrome
    Also, you will see on the top on Internet explorer 8, a compatibility mode little icon. Try that. It might help. For directions ( since I can’t add screenshots here) try this:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/08/27/introducing-compatibility-view.aspx

• Jack Cola

Well the first problem you have is your web browser. You are using IE 8. Try using another web browser such as Firefox, or Google Chrome.

The other thing I can suggest is to disable addon – In your start menu search bar, typing in Internet Explorer and you should see an option Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)