Why is there a Google Mail account in Outlook 2010?

Gary July 21, 2011

Why does Outlook 2010 have a GMail account. Every time I delete all of the mails it downloads, it goes and downloads the things again. What’s going on?

1. Sdis

Like Gary I purchase a new computer with windows 7 and have outlook 2010.  I use a virginmedia email accounts and attached to each of these are google mail accounts.  I did not install these and I don't have a gmail account.  The google mail accounts hold every email I have received in my virginmedia accounts.  If I try to delete them they just 'come back'.

I just really want to know why I have google mail.  I cannot access these mail accounts on the gmail website

Gary,

did Mike's reply answer your question and were you able to remove your GMail account from Outlook? Please keep us updated. Thank you!

It sounds a lot like Outlook is setup to access your Gmail account. This could either be imported from an older Mail program, some leftover settings from a previous install or maybe setup via some third party application.

If you want to remove it open up Outlook and go to "Info > Account Settings" and make sure to delete any Gmail Account in there.