Does Google Hangout group for text chat allow adding by mobile number too?

Drsunil V February 8, 2014

Does google hangout group for text chat allow adding by mobile number too?

Nothing is free outside US. Even if you do send SMS from India, it's chargeable. So, if you want free, then you'll have to be in US.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. I was aware of US free sms. Please note q implies ( either free or paid ) , how to group mobile nos. , gmails and hangout ids into a single box for group chat?

• Susendeep D

I apologize that I couldn't be able to give you sure and convincing answer as I haven't got a chance to do hangout.But as far as I know,if you add people by typing their names or phone numbers and start video hangout,you can do chatting.

• Drsunil V

Nice answer and approach too! Your answer is chosen as best not only because I agree about 'starting hangout , thereby automatically text would be included in video hangout" but also because honesty and attitude of apology

I think yes.If you click on new hangout button,then it'll ask for name,email and number which you can enter and then add to chat.

• Drsunil V

How to make numbers to text instead of call , as it prompts to call on putting number? How to make it group text instead single number text?
      Is group text to mobile numbers ( say US numbers ) via hangouts free?
      I am thinking to use hangouts to make groups as in whatsapp , by directly using mobile numbers in hangouts