Why do my Google Contacts no longer show in GMail after syncing?
Question by Tiffany /

I recently synced my contacts, and as a result, the “My Contacts” won’t show the names in my GMail contacts. It says “My Contacts (6718)”, but I can’t see or manage any of the names.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Best Music Services
Best Music Services

• Rebecca Webb

You are not going to believe how incredibly stupid this is, but there’s a scroll bar hidden just to the right. Check the bottom of your window. Is there a scroll bar that suggests you can move a little more to the right? Do so. Now is there a vertical scrollbar that lets you scroll down through your entire contact list? Hope so. FYI, widening your window (in Firefox on a Mac, anyway) will NOT fix this problem. You always have to remember to scroll right to see the vertical scroll.

Hello, what browser are you using for checking gmail?  With that many contacts, I would check the zoom in your browser.  Maybe if you change the zooming to a 100% your contacts will show.

1. when you click on “other contacts”, does they show contacts? or a blank page ?
    did you try restarting ?

2. try to add a contact in my contacts with the button on your blank my contacts page, and see if the new contacts get displayed.
    if it works try following:

3. go to my contacts, click on more, click on export, export it in csv format.
     and chaeck if the csv file has your contacts, most contacts willl have blank fields except name and email. you can check the file size to test whether it has contacts or a blank  file.

4.now import the csv file of my contacts.
    and see if it shows the contacts on the blank page.

in case of duplicates, you can easily  go to more >> find and merge