Why can’t I use Google Chrome via T-Mobile with Android tethering app EasyTether?

Jonathan Rodriguez September 25, 2012

I bought EasyTether Pro. It was working fine with Google Chrome when suddenly it took me to a T-Mobile web page. I tried again, rebooting my PC, but again the T-Mobile web page popped up asking me to pay for tethering.

On the other hand it will work just fine using Safari, but I want use Google Chrome. Any ideas?

1. Henry Lahman

It detects chrome's user agent as not being mobile

2. DalSan Mack

*pay, not party.

3. DalSan Mack

Clear browsing cache like suggested and also the cookies. Be careful, though. Looks like T-Mobile found out about you tethering and wants you to party for the tethering feature, and will either choke your internet speeds, shut down your data, or charge you for tethering. I use a rooted app for tethering, but very seldomly, to avoid such problems with T-Mobile. So long as you keep the data usage to a minimum, you should not have that problem. If you start using too much bandwidth, that will raise flags and you will wind up with the same problem.

Try clearing browser cache,cookies and browser history.This should work as you can connect using Safari.