Why is Google Chrome not showing the profile or Rewards links on MakeUseOf?
Question by Zhong Jiang /

When I using Google Chrome, I can’t see links for my profile or the software that usually appears at the top of the screen when a user logs in. I checkd the element for that block and saw that it’s hidden in overflow.

What should I do to properly view the page? I’ve tried disabling all my extensions and other web browsers are able to display the page correctly.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
MakeUseOf - Public Channel
MakeUseOf - Public Channel
New Security Breaches
New Security Breaches
MakeUseOf - Tech Support
MakeUseOf - Tech Support
MakeUseOf - Gadget Review Requests
MakeUseOf - Gadget Review Requests

• Christopher Webb

I have the same problem with Safari intermittently. They are built on the same framework so it is possible there is a glitch.

• JJ Bianca

1 thing u can try is https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg it can switch it to mimic firefox IE and a whole bunch other see if that might help

• JJ Bianca

1 thing i noticed was i did load up my other browser firefox and it came up so it might be just minor problems with google chrome

• Boni Oloff

Try to clean all the MOU data first, cache, cookies, and history.
    And login again.

• ayush padia

I dont know

• Nikhil Chandak

try refreshing ur browser ..??
    or use another good browser such as Firefox ..

• Dave Rimmer

I had the same promlem, for me uninstalling Chrome and using CCleaner to clean things up then reinstalling Chrome seemed to work for me.

• Naveen Kumar

try to clear cache and use………

• josemon maliakal

clear your browser cache and try again :)

• Douglas Mutay

I have always had this issue since i have registered on MUO. I can see it the minute I log in and then it disappear. I don’t have any extension installed that might be faulty, I have reset eveything on default, even the zoom. And if Zhong wouldn’t ask i was ready to believe that it’s a default setting on MUO. So any help will be also welcome for me!

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Just resetting it might work, or else just log in through incognito to check that there isn’t any issue with any of the extensions.