Why did Google cancel my Adsense account?

Joe June 16, 2011

I have a number of GMail accounts for various reasons and also see that my IP address seems to open in different places during any one day.

I now received a notice from Google that I am a risk, as if I would click on Adsense ads to my benefit and (I suppose) their loss and cancelled my Adsense account. I will be allowed to appeal it, but if they turn down the appeal once, I may NEVER appeal it again, making me shy to appeal it at this stage.

To me, it seems that someone has stolen your password and reading your emails, and possibly accessing your adsense accounts to get your banned or something. However, if you do get banned, from access, it is still possible to create a new account (you just lose all of your funds). As long as your email, address, phone number are different, you can create a new adsense account.

Hoped this helps - Jack Cola - http://www.jackcola.org

So you clicked on your own ads, basically?

A couple of things dont add up for me here. "My ip address seems to open in different place during any one day" - what does that mean? One IP is only ever tied to one physical location, I'm not sure how yours can be jumping around. What kind of internet connection are you using? Are you on some kind of shared VPN or proxy account? Is it possible you're using different accounts and different proxies to click on your own ads, and you thought Google wouldn't find out? Because that sounds remarkably naive considering adsense scams are the oldest trick in the book. If this isnt the case, I apologise for being accusatory here, but evidence would point that way and google isnt often wrong. Why dont you elaborate on your story a bit more for us?