What are good webcrawlers/spiders for Mac OS X Mavericks?

Anonymous August 5, 2014

Hi there,
I have the following wish. Is there a ready made webcrawler for which I could provide the specific websites and subjects to extract information that dumps the information in a spreadsheet, e.g. weekly or two weekly? Concerns prices and currencies. Willing to compensate. Work with Mac Os Maverick, Safari 7
Hans

Thanks J. Will have a go with alerts and see if I can ditect yhen into a spreadsheet sorry for typos.My phone keyboard. ..
    Hans

Hans, if the information you are looking for is specific and can be found using a fixed search, you could use Google Alerts, which repeats a search regularly and emails you any updates.

3. Jeff F

Hans,

The easiest way to achieve this is via the command wget. When the -m argument is applied wget will mirror the entire website. You can learn more about wget by reading the wget documentation.

You may also consider one or more of the following which should be available for Mac OSX.
    Paparazzi!
    Site Sucker
    WebCopier for Mac
    Alternative To Apps tagged with "web crawler for Mac OSX"
    Cnet Downloads - Mac Web Crawler

Hi Jeff,
      Thank you so much for your quick response. I am going to have a look at those and let you know
      Thanks, Hans