Is this a good web hosting plan?

shaurya gupta October 18, 2012

Is this a good web hosting plan? http://www.bigrock.in/web-hosting/index.php

I am thinking to buy the advanced plan. Will it be a good one? I am using PHP and MySQL. So is this plan perfect? And should I be using the WordPress app available?

1. Amanda Nagle-Chicoine

I've looked several times and that is the most expensive that I have seen!
    Avanquest, Web-Ex, and Vista Print (this has a lot of bundled deals with business cards, brochures, plus web sites, domain names, and hosting (lots to choose from)

2. Dhananjay

I have purchase a plan from bigrock.in and it was an amazing experience. they offers best hosting and domain registration plans , also their tech support is very friendly etc.

3. Monika Roy

last month i have purchase a wordpress hosting plan from BigRock.in and i feel their plans are very cheap and affordable also they provide best tech support. So I must recommend you to go for it.

4. Jessore Host

In these days most web hosting companies are offered cheap, more features, free domain, etc.
    Jessore Host providing cheapest cheap hosting offer with great support.

5. Sebastian Cork

Usually 'unlimited' points to resources "shared across with others". Hence, the truly unlimited hosting plan doesn't exist. Only a minute or so after visiting the mentioned site, I found their "Unlimited Hosting Policy" and, just as others here have commented, depending on how you plan to use the hosting service, your limitations can vary.

6. Anuj Pehal

I had a good experience with BigRock.in , I have bought couple of domains with them in last few months and have suggested all my team mates and friends too. They have a great service with good offering and the best part is one shop for all the domain registration and hosting service.My personal experience with them has been great .Just go for it Shaurya .

7. D Sam

Shaurya,

I have been purchasing bigrock hosting for some of my clients. They have great tech support. Their hosting plans are a bit pricey but there are bunch of coupons out there for you to get a good deal. I would recommend them over other global players who have a spotty record in terms of local support etc. Let me know if i can be of more help

Saurya,

I will recommend you GoDaddy. They have very exciting India specific plans specially for the .in domain, which is pretty economical. Check http://in.godaddy.com/ . They are one of the biggest web hosting company in the world and even Google have their tie-up with them for Google Apps domain hosting signup. There SLA uptime commitment is 99.9% and their Data-centers are very secured with high availability. Checkout their channel in Youtube, specially the video on their datacenter security. http://www.youtube.com/user/godaddy

Also would suggest you to checkout the daily deals on the top right corner and then all the four categories. Some pretty interesting deals there.

9. Chris Powell

I love that our very business model relies on our ability to enable our customers’ success. Just look at how unbelievably successful companies like Tumblr and HostGator have become, and you start to grasp how big of a deal it is that we can help their businesses.

We’re talking billions of page views per month and hundreds of thousands of businesses that rely on HC Consulting Group through our customers. And that’s just through two customers. Because we’re on the cutting edge, and we provide unparalleled access and functionality, we get to see a lot of the up-and-coming kick starts that are soon to hit it big, and we get to help them keep up with their own success.
    If you like being challenged (and being rewarded for your hard work), you might want to take this opportunity to see which HC Consulting Group Career could be waiting for you.
    When opportunity knocks, let it in.

To contact HC Consulting Group LLC you can give us a call, or shoot us an email!

Phone: 1800 - 794 - 7192
    E-mail: support@hcdesk.com

10. Harish Jonnalagadda

Godaddy. If you want to buy hosting, buy it from godaddy. Found it to be way better than other hosting services out there.

11. Deekshith Allamaneni

Yes, BigRock is good. But I personally felt it is a bit costly.

12. shaurya gupta

How about 000webhost.com
    Is it nice one coz it's providing a free plan?
    actually i will be uploading a website for a trial purpose
    if people use it, i will buy a premium one....so is it nice for trial?

13. salim benhouhou

i think it is good for what you need but bigrock.in (i don't know ) you should try a big company like godaddy.com and vodahost.com

14. josemon maliakal

I think..Godaddy has better plans for you

15. Boni Oloff

It is hosted in India?
    I think you can find the more experienced webhoster.. Like Hostmonster, godaddy, or anything there are many of them..

16. Jan Fritsch

Frankly, I don't have any experience with unlimited hosting plans but I don't like them for their nontransparent limitations. In the end it depends on what you want to do with it. The following is from BigRock website:

"What does 'Unlimited' not permit?
    (...)
    File upload / sharing / archive / backup / mirroring / distribution sites.
    A site created primarily to drive traffic to another site.
    Making your account resources available (whether for free or paid) to the general public."

"For example, we have determined that anyone using over 20GB of disk space is likely to be using our server as a backup device or to serve video content and such and that is not an acceptable use case for our shared hosting service."

So unless there is a full Terms of Service or similar it is fully up to them to decide what is acceptable use and what not.