What is a good software to compare rare music and give me recommendations for similar music?

Ivan September 15, 2011

I am currently using Muffin player. I was wondering if there is a better player available, or a recommendation site that will recommend similar music to the ones I like. (Like Muffin Player does)

My major problem is I have a lot of music, but do not know who the artist/composer is, such as music from Heroes of Might and Magic 4, that I got directly off my Game CD.

Also have a lot of unique French/folk music that no site/ player that I have found so far have even heard of. I have tried Jango.com, last.fm to mention but a few.

I am even Willing to upload my .mp3’s to a site for recommendations. As I currently believe peoples opinions will be a lot more effective than dogy unperfected analysis technology.

Any Help Greatly Appreciated

Ivan

I also recommend the radio function in Grooveshark.

sign in to youtube and just search those tracks on youtube...then it will give you recomendation of home page.
    youtube also offers youtube music section.
    you will also know about the artist/genres etc from the cations and comments of a number of viewers.

Songbird player and addon
    http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addon/1297